SWEEP Digital Communication Internship Job Description
Are you a student interested in building real-world digital communication and graphic design experience with a prestigious non-profit in Boulder? We’re a mission-driven environmental organization committed to promoting energy efficiency and clean transportation in Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming. SWEEP is looking for a talented, knowledgeable, and independent intern with fresh, creative ideas and an excellent eye for detail to help us better communicate the organization’s impact to policy makers, funders, and the general public.
Digital Communication Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and design concise and interesting infographics, factsheets, collateral, web content, and digital materials
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline
- Retouch and manipulate images
- Use graphic/infographic design software such as Pictochart and Tableau and work with a wide variety of media
- Collaborate with the Operations Director and Communications Director and other staff to develop design concepts
- Receive feedback from the staff and make necessary changes
- Assemble final presentation material for posting as needed
- Generate content for web, social media, newsletter, and other communications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate clearly
- Graphic design experience and interest
- Experience with programs such as InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator helpful
- Work from your own computer
- Strong creative skills
- Eligible to earn internship credit through University
- Commitment of 10-15 hours/week
- Work on a wide range of digital communication and graphic design projects with professional guidance and feedback
- Use your work for SWEEP as part of your portfolio
- Gain an excellent reference (possibly more than one) at the successful completion of the internship
- Flexible schedule
To apply through CU Boulder's CMCI Internships and Careers site click here. Using this site will ensure you receive proper credit for your work.
To inquire with questions about the position please email Kirsten Frysinger at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are currently no jobs available. Feel free to check back any time.
SWEEP is a public interest organization dedicated to advancing energy efficiency in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming. For more information, visit www.swenergy.org.
SWEEP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability.