Job Announcement: Communications Director
The Southwest Energy Efficiency Project (SWEEP) is seeking a full-time Communications Director to be located in its Boulder, CO office. The responsibilities for this position include:
- Developing and implementing SWEEP’s overall communications strategy;
- Maintaining press lists, developing relationships with reporters and editors, and reaching out to the press on behalf of program staff;
- Writing and/or reviewing press releases, op-eds, blog posts and other materials;
- Posting news items to SWEEP’s website and helping to update website periodically;
- Working with staff to develop messaging and implement targeted communications campaigns around priority issues;
- Helping to improve internal communications within the organization;
- Expanding SWEEP’s presence and influence through social media; and
- Conducting outreach to SWEEP Allies.
- Experience working on websites (WordPress, Mojo, etc.);
- Knowledge of general graphics principles – Photo sizing, graph and chart importation, good eye for design, etc.;
- Excellent social media aptitudes – Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook;
- Advanced proficiency MS Office – SWEEP has migrated to Office 365;
- Cloud computing background – O365, Dropbox, Google Suite, etc.;
- Understanding of Constant Contact or similar communications database tools;
- Interest in or knowledge of analytics reporting;
- Ability to make complex topics reader-friendly;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in addition to exceptional copy editing skills;
- Highly organized and able to take the initiative; and
- Capacity to work independently or as part of a dynamic team.
The Communications Director will carry out these activities in conjunction with other SWEEP staff and our state representatives, as well as interaction with other energy efficiency communications experts.
Qualifications: Applicants should have at least eight years of communications experience ideally working for non-profit advocacy organization(s), as well as knowledge of energy efficiency/clean energy issues.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits.
Location: Preference is for someone who can work from home in the Denver-Boulder area, with possibility of working from our Boulder, CO office once the COVID pandemic recedes.
Timing: Position will be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is identified.
Submit a resume and cover letter via email to Kirsten Frysinger: email@example.com
Click here for a .pdf copy of this job posting
SWEEP is a public interest organization dedicated to advancing energy efficiency in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming. For more information, visit: www.swenergy.org
SWEEP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability.